The Landings and COVID-19
Neither LMA nor LRC are responsible for individuals' safety or real or personal property.
Masks must be worn when indoors, including the Fitness Center.
Landings Racquet Club
The LMA has suspended all social functions and the Landings Racquet Club has made changes to its operations and policies for the duration of the crisis.
All club-sponsored social functions.
OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
In an ongoing effort to protect staff and members of LRC, the Board wishes to reinforce the following CDC guidelines and ask that each of us continue to diligently practice these restrictions:
The following apply to those that have NOT received the required doses(s).
If you have been in “close contact” with someone who has COVID-19, you should:
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19
- If possible, stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19
Close contact has occurred when:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
If you are returning from travel (or after the summer away from Sarasota), The Board asks you to not use the Club for a period of ten (10) days after your arrival.
Tennis - All courts will be open from 8:00AM to 9:00PM. Guests are permitted under normal Club rules for reservations. Reservations are required and can be made by telephone two days in advance for 90-minute sessions. The water fountains are operational, but you are asked to use your own container. A new can of tennis balls must be used for each match.
The ball machine will be available; one-hour reservations are suggested.
Tennis lessons and clinics, with some restrictions.
Pool & Spa - We have returned to normal operations. There is no limit on the number of people. Reservations are not required.
Fitness Center - Our current policy of masks and reservations in the Fitness Center remains in effect. We currently allow 2 people on the treadmill row at a time, 2 people on the bike row at a time and 1 person on the weights. The number of people allowed on the weights is 2 people, meaning now one person can use the machines and one person can use the free weights, but they need to maintain one machine between them. As noted, reservations and masks are still required.
Library - reduced seating to encourage compliance with social distancing guidelines.
Coffee deck ice/water machine - Reduced seating. Water cups available at the machine.
Ping Pong relocated to the Multipurpose Room.